More bad news about Acetaminophen

• Does acetaminophen reduce empathy?

"Researchers from The Ohio State University have found evidence that acetaminophen not only dulls physical pain, it also reduces our ability to predict pain in others and empathize."

"If the results are replicated, they would be highly relevant to the real world. After all, it would mean that one quarter of the population would be regularly taking a drug that reduces empathy."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/310216.php
    --------------

So now, besides how it harms the liver, it also has brain effects! (I've always been wary of the stuff, and how strongly it has been pushed on us.)

• I took advil so much it really did fuck my liver up. Made my liver enzymes sky high. Can't take it anymore

I will go in this way and find my own way out..

When the world ends I'll be burnin' one...

• I'll bet aspirin is pretty safe but it can cause ulcers and stomach bleeding.

If you drink like a coupe of drinks a week, there's a risk -and it's a small risk- that you can have total liver failure by taking even one acetaminophen. Acetaminophen in the number one cause of acute liver failure in the US.

I don't take anything unless I'm really in pain...and then I don't take much. I buy generic advil and aspirin.

• wow, everything just has horrible long term effects.

What about aspirin, is that still safe?

My guess is that aspirin is the safest bet, as it has been around for such a long time. But again, it's man-made in that they hear of some remedy from nature, and then mess with it to make it "better" and more potent, and of course to make $$. White Willow bark was chewed on by the Native Americans for pain relief, so of course they messed with it to invent aspirin. But you can still buy white willow bark supplements to use instead.
    http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/willow-bark

• A doctor on Howard Stern was saying an Aspirin a day will save you from many things. It pretty much saved Robin from when she had cancer. So I have been taking an aspirin a day for months now. Low Dose he said, and he wasn't trying to promote it either. Just saying it cures many things.

I will go in this way and find my own way out..

When the world ends I'll be burnin' one...

• A doctor on Howard Stern was saying an Aspirin a day will save you from many things. It pretty much saved Robin from when she had cancer. So I have been taking an aspirin a day for months now. Low Dose he said, and he wasn't trying to promote it either. Just saying it cures many things.

I wouldn't be surprised. For years, aspirin was used by just about everyone as needed. Pretty much standard. The school nurses would give it out at school when anyone had a headache or cramps, even. Doctors would routinely say to take a couple aspirins and "call me in the morning." Then, like suddenly, Tylenol was massively pushed everywhere - with "Doctors recommend tylenol." And they started dissing aspirin badly. They started printing coupons for free bottles like crazy, too.
    Tylenol just never seemed to work for me. I see that a big difference is that aspirin is an anti-inflammatory and Acetaminophen does nothing for inflammation.
    http://blackdoctor.org/1072/aspirin-vs-acetaminophen/

• Just read another bad study about acetaminophen:

Acetaminophen During Pregnancy Linked to Childhood ADHD

While recent, this is not the only study associating acetaminophen with dangerous side effects to your health and the health of your children.
    • A recent study from the Center for Research in Environmental Epidemiology (CERAL), Barcelona, Spain, found a link between acetaminophen use during pregnancy and hyperactivity and autism.12
    Researchers discovered more symptoms of autism in boys whose mothers took acetaminophen during pregnancy, than in girls.
    They found that all children exposed to acetaminophen during pregnancy were 30 percent more likely by age 5 to demonstrate attention impairments linked with hyperactivity disorder or autism.13
    • A study found an association between the drug and children later diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).14
    Children whose mothers used acetaminophen during pregnancy were at higher risk for hyperkinetic disorder, use of ADHD medications or having ADHD-like behavior by age 7. There was a stronger association when mothers took the drug in more than one trimester.
    • A study published in 2009 found mothers who used acetaminophen in the third trimester were at higher risk for preterm birth.15
    • A study published in 2013 found children exposed to acetaminophen during pregnancy developed motor skills, communication and language skills more slowly than those children who were not exposed.16
    • Use of acetaminophen during pregnancy also appears to be linked to pre-eclampsia and thromboembolic diseases,17 and taking the drug for more than four weeks during pregnancy, especially during the first and second trimester, moderately increases the risk of undescended testicles in boys.1

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/08/31/acetaminophen-during-pregnancy.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art2&utm_campaign=20160831Z1&et_cid=DM115293&et_rid=1645162715

• "People don't usually think of Tylenol as a mind-altering drug, but a study shows that the over-the-counter painkiller might do more than alleviate pain."

"Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol that's also found in prescription painkillers, appears to lessen a person's ability to empathize with others, a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience found.
    Researchers at Ohio State University conducted three experiments on college students to determine how taking acetaminophen influences users' abilities to empathize with others suffering physical and emotional pain."

More
    http://www.attn.com/stories/8210/how-tylenol-can-affect-ability-empathize?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=rerun3&utm_campaign=reruns

(saw someone post the above on FB. Guess the story is gaining some legs...)

• Wow. Makes one wonder what other drugs, or even supplements, might be doing to our minds.

• Aspirin is a wonder drug. Really. I won't take Acetaminophen in any form.

• Aspirin is a wonder drug. Really. I won't take Acetaminophen in any form.

I was very suspicious when they did the switch from good ol' aspirin to tylenol. They pushed it so hard! The couple of times I tried it, it didn't do a thing for me, so I just stuck with aspirin when I occasionally needed one.

• Reviewing data on almost 56,000 women from the Nurses’ Health Study, researchers writing in the American Journal of Epidemiology found that using some over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen, twice a week or more may up your risk of hearing loss by as much as 24 percent. The longer you take those OTCs, the more hazardous it is. So maybe it’s time for you to switch to another kind of pain relief.

But how do these seemingly harmless meds cause hearing loss? Well, ibuprofen can reduce blood flow to the small, snail-shaped organ in the inner ear called the cochlea. It translates sound into nerve impulses and filters out background noise. A reduced blood flow can kill off cells that help you perceive sound. Acetaminophen may deplete the body of an antioxidant called glutathione, which protects the cochlea from damage by blocking oxidative stress. Aspirin wasn’t associated with such problems.

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/h…rs-can-up-risk-of-hearing

• Wow. Makes one wonder what other drugs, or even supplements, might be doing to our minds.

Our military has been prescribing and issuing this for many decades instead of aspirin. It is a liver destroyer. There is no reason to ever take this. It has killed ;thousands upon thousands of people.

• Bacteria cause ulcers but aspirin taken without food can cause stomach bleeding. That is it for aspirin, other than that and blood thinning it has no harmful effects and it is used Iin baby form for that purpose beneficially. Remember doctors who tell you when you are coming down with a cold or influenza virus say take aspirin if you get a fever? Well the fever is necessary for the body to fight off the infecting agent.

Aspirin came on the general market about the same time as the 1915 influenza virus and our boys were coming and going to and fr9om
    Europe for the WWl and they were prescribed aspirin and how many died?????????????? :bunny37