What are "rights" and where do they come from?

• What are "rights" and where do they come from?

What gives anyone a right to anything?

Do we have a right to live? Do we have a right to breath? Do we have a right to food or water? Happiness?

What rights do we actually have? Who defines what a right is?

I'm of the belief that the only rights we have are given by God, but that we actually do not have a "right" to anything. We live under the grace of God, and everything we have is a gift, not a right.
      Ice Cream on Mars: making the universe great again!
      icecreamonmars.com
    • We have certain rights granted to us, just by existing.

If we lived somewhere, without all the laws and restraints....We could clearly see and know our rights. I think of the indigenous peoples.

We have the right to feed ourselves, hunt or grow our own food. The right to Water. The right to rest our bodies and minds. The right to make choices and the best decision for ourselves and our children. The right to natural medicines and cures, and the right to share with others.

We have many rights, that man has taken away. Because there was money to be made.
      “The only zen you can find on tops of mountains is the zen you bring up there with you.”
      Robert Pirsig

:heart
    • Beany wrote:

We have certain rights granted to us, just by existing.

If we lived somewhere, without all the laws and restraints....We could clearly see and know our rights. I think of the indigenous peoples.

We have the right to feed ourselves, hunt or grow our own food. The right to Water. The right to rest our bodies and minds. The right to make choices and the best decision for ourselves and our children. The right to natural medicines and cures, and the right to share with others.

We have many rights, that man has taken away. Because there was money to be made.

But if you think about it, do we really have rights? I mean, we don't even have a right to live because we all die. We don't have a guaranteed right to anything if you really think about it. All that we have or will ever have are gifts from God.
      icecreamonmars.com
    • -gg- wrote:

What gives anyone a right to anything?

Do we have a right to live? Do we have a right to breath? Do we have a right to food or water? Happiness?

What rights do we actually have? Who defines what a right is?

I'm of the belief that the only rights we have are given by God, but that we actually do not have a "right" to anything. We live under the grace of God, and everything we have is a gift, not a right.
      God
    • Beany wrote:

You're probably right...
      I don't know. I just feel that everything is a gift from God and man has no say in it.
      icecreamonmars.com
    • Wow gg, what kind of pot did you eat tonight, that's some good deep thinking shit. I think you are right, we don't have a right to live or die since neither is our own personal choice unless we commit suicide. I don't think we are all equal either, that's just retarded for me to think I am equal with my husband.
      "Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes." Proverbs of my Husband
    • We should have the right to free energy and live Tesla's dream but they can't control us when we don't have to pay for power. I think if things are available in nature, we should have a right to it, even free energy, especially free wireless refrigerators, that would be so bad ass.
      "Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes." Proverbs of my Husband
    • Beany wrote:

'Funny' the head of Nestle has stated that water is NOT a human right. They are stealing water from California and each and every other source they can and are allowed to do this.

Do you recall both papa Bush and little Georgie have purchaszed 100k or better hectares ranches in Paraguay, both of which lie above the largest water aquifer in the country.
    • -gg- wrote:

Beany wrote:

But if you think about it, do we really have rights? I mean, we don't even have a right to live because we all die. We don't have a guaranteed right to anything if you really think about it. All that we have or will ever have are gifts from God.
      But death is the ticket into our real everlasting life.
    • Mollyblue wrote:

'Funny' the head of Nestle has stated that water is NOT a human right. They are stealing water from California and each and every other source they can and are allowed to do this.
      Do you recall both papa Bush and little Georgie have purchaszed 100k or better hectares ranches in Paraguay, both of which lie above the largest water aquifer in the country.
      Some still have the concept that the masses must be controlled through resources allotted through their "superior" judgement. Water is what they are eyeballing as the mechanism next.
      They have little faith in humanity in general, I guess.
      “One Step...and then the next gets you where you're going.”
    • Big Fanny wrote:

Wow gg, what kind of pot did you eat tonight, that's some good deep thinking shit. I think you are right, we don't have a right to live or die since neither is our own personal choice unless we commit suicide. I don't think we are all equal either, that's just retarded for me to think I am equal with my husband.
      haha! I had some wine last night!
      icecreamonmars.com
    • SisterCreep wrote:

Mollyblue wrote:

Some still have the concept that the masses must be controlled through resources allotted through their "superior" judgement. Water is what they are eyeballing as the mechanism next.They have little faith in humanity in general, I guess.
      I told my husband that back in 1986 that water would be the single most important and valuable thing which I had figured out back in the late 70s. I bought a place which had an old gold mine in 1978 because it had this 1400 ft. shaft that had a static water level of 140 ft. and had been told in 1949 they tried to drain it using a 12" pump which could draw 50000 gpm and they did this for 90 days 24/7 and lowered the water level only by 180 ft. I figured what a treasure that would be with the proper treatment. :blackkitty
    Ice Cream on Mars -making the universe great again!