Conspiracy Theories Run Wild After FBI Shuts Down Solar Observatory

• "There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers, but nobody would tell us anything," Otero County Sheriff Benny House told the Alamogordo Daily News. "I don't know why the FBI would get involved so quick and not tell us anything."

An anonymous 4chan user who called both nearby Apache Point Observatory and the local sheriff was told that they were "locked out" of the Sunspot observatory and had no idea what was going on.

Located near both White Sands Missile Range and infamous Roswell New Mexico, speculation over the observatory's abrupt closure has ranged from an alien mothership using the sun to "refuel", to a devastating solar disaster such as the 1859 Carrington Event - a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) which would have undoubtedly blown out most satellites and electronics had they been invented yet.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news…er-spying-us-missile-base

Something very odd going on there.

• According to Linda Moulton Howe, the quintessential source for such things, there is no connection to any other observatory or pictures of the sun. The other observatories are not closed.

There is a theory, just a theory, that the telescope was being used by Chinese agents working on site to observe events in the near by White Sands area. I don't think this is right as well.

Its a mystery. The FBI will eventually tell what is going on.

I reserve the right to "go off" over something stupid like some bitch calling me a name..........

• What I'm trying to say is that this will turn out to be a real security problem and not solar space ships posing for pictures.

I reserve the right to "go off" over something stupid like some bitch calling me a name..........

• What I'm trying to say is that this will turn out to be a real security problem and not solar space ships posing for pictures.

I'd say you're right. This is a comment from the link:

Going on the theory that the simplest reason usually is:

Telemetry data from WSMR was being collected by an adversary and sent forward. Counter Intel asked, "how in the h*** are these guys gettin high fidelity real time test data? Hmmmm, well, there's that innocuous observatory over there with great line-of-sight to everything that happens on the range." So CI sourced the SIGINT collection point to the observatory.

• According to Linda Moulton Howe, the quintessential source for such things, there is no connection to any other observatory or pictures of the sun. The other observatories are not closed.

There is a theory, just a theory, that the telescope was being used by Chinese agents working on site to observe events in the near by White Sands area. I don't think this is right as well.

Its a mystery. The FBI will eventually tell what is going on.

Yes, I had read that but there has been pretty good reporting that the others, too, were closed and named locations??

• In this reporting they they had mentioned a G2 level storm heading our way but didn't say whether directly towards earth which would be necessary for such a minor storm to effect us on any scale? n We have been relatively quiet in terms of solar activity and we are heading into a predicted quiet cycle.

• I might head up there dressed in my army costume. I'll get to the bottom of this.

Black boots and a riding crop do not an Army costume make. Oh yea, that blue UN helmet won't get you far as well.

:lmaoBut if you want to post pictures it will go a long way with me!!!!